Affordability Is in Reach
We want to help make your high-quality online education even more affordable.
Emmanuel College offers financial assistance, including student loans, to online students. In order to be eligible for need-based financial aid, you must be:
- Admitted to Emmanuel College and enrolled in a qualifying degree-granting program
- A U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Enrolled at least half-time each semester to qualify for a Federal Direct Loan. Half-time for undergraduate programs is six credits per semester, and half-time for graduate programs is three credits per semester.
- In good standing with all of your prior financial aid awards
Applying for Financial Aid
We strongly recommend that all of our online students complete the FAFSA to determine what financial assistance they are eligible for. Applying for financial aid is simple and can be done online. You must complete the FAFSA for each academic year.
- Apply for a federal student aid (FSA) ID. You must have an FSA ID to sign your FAFSA electronically. It is also used to electronically sign any student loan documents and access your federal student aid information online. Be sure to not share your FSA ID with other individuals or outside agencies.
- Dependent students: Both you and your parent must have separate FSA IDs.
- Fill out the FAFSA online. Remember to use Emmanuel College’s federal school code, 002147. The FAFSA is available each year on Oct. 1 for the following academic year. On it, you will need to provide your income and tax information from two years prior. For example, for the 2019-2020 academic year, you will need to use your 2017 tax information. You can use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to automatically import your tax information into your FAFSA.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR). The U.S. Department of Education will send you your SAR after you have successfully submitted your FAFSA. If there are any errors, you must log into the FAFSA website and submit corrections before financial aid can be processed at Emmanuel College.
- Accept any financial aid. Log into your account on the MySaints Portal to view your financial aid status and accept or decline annual awards. You can also view and submit additional documentation or forms that are required by the Financial Aid Office.
Other Financial Aid
If you wish to find additional financial assistance, you may apply for outside scholarships. There are several online scholarship search engines available, including: